Before I say anything else, I’d like to say THANK YOU for 100 followers just one month into starting my blog. Though it isn’t all about the stats, it’s rewarding to see so many people engaging with and responding to my amateur, unprofessional content!
Now moving onto what this blog post is truly about… making the most out of this autumn. I find that setting yourself goals at the start of the month is a good way to keep track of my progress, and it leaves me feeling more fulfilled when I’ve achieved them. These don’t have to all be work-related – self-care should be top priority, don’t forget!
Autumn only comes around once a year… So how can you make the most of it?
- Have a photoshoot! Whether this be photos of your outfit or photos of the falling leaves, don’t miss out on this opportunity.
- Watch a movie to get you in the autumn mood.
- Or, equally, read an autumn themed book
- Taking up a hobby is never a bad idea. Maybe learn a new language? Start blogging? Volunteering?
- Get yourself a new scented candle. Autumn/winter is the only time of year you can get away with this! Apparently you can get gingerbread scented candles… how cool is that?!
- Do some autumn crafts and give your room a different look! There are so many out there, from leaf art to cushions to leaf-printed tote bags… here’s a Pinterest board for some inspiration.
- Bake gingerbread! Or ginger biscuits. Who doesn’t love a good ginger biscuit?
- Take a walk in the evening as the sun sets. Clear your head and spend some time to yourself.
- Go to a festival or event with you family/friends. Whether it’s apple picking or Frightmare, there’s bound to be something going on in your neighbourhood. Take advantage of it!
- And of course, most importantly, get together with your friends on the 27th October and watch Season 2 of Stranger things… 😉
Also this is the only time of year that I can share this…
It always gets me. My own personal goals this autumn are to…
- Stay organised
- Spend less time on social media
- Read more
- Write more!
- Try a pumpkin spiced latte… for the first time.
I’m really looking forward to October. Not only because of Stranger Things Season 2, but also Riverdale Season 2, which premieres on October 11th! And then there is The Apprentice, which is always entertaining.
What are you all looking forward to?