I was originally nominated by Key from Aesthetikey for the Mystery Blogger Award, which was created by Okoto Enigma. In the time it took me to write this post up though, I’ve also been nominated by Annalicia and Sophie. Thank you all for the nominations and the questions!
What Is The Mystery Blogger Award?
This is an award for amazing bloggers with posts that inspire and motivate. The aim of this award is to acknowledge and recognise bloggers for their hard work.
To start with, I have to tell you all three things about me. I’m kind of running out of interesting things to tell you all! I’ve already listed some facts about me in my Versatile Blogger Award post! Let’s see…
- Because my family’s moved around a lot, I’ve been to many different schools. A total of 10 schools, across the UAE, India and the UK. Surprisingly though, I haven’t found it particularly disruptive. On the contrary, it has been nice to have such a varied experience! Also it also means that I adapt to new situations really easily… which is an advantage, right?
- I used to be a massive fan of reading, but recently I just don’t ever seem to have the time! My favourite series included The Mortal Instruments, The Infernal Devices, Divergent and of course, Harry Potter. I’d really like to get back into it but it feels impossible to make time for it what with everything I do. It’s a shame, really. 🙁
- My favourite social media at the moment is Twitter! I find people engage with content so much more there and it’s great for sharing and discovering new blogs. Although I like the visual appeal of Instagram, the algorithm really bothers me and engagement isn’t great there. I’ve also pretty much stopped using Snapchat!
Now onto the questions…
- What kind of blogger are you and why?
I do a little bit of everything, but my blog is mostly focussed around lifestyle. I’d like to do more study posts in the future too! And I chose this because it’s what I enjoy and am comfortable speaking about. It’s not as limiting a niche as beauty either – which I don’t know the first thing about!
- What’s your favorite song at the moment?
I don’t really listen to much music but I sing You’re Welcome from Moana soundtrack almost every day…
- What bloggers do you look up to?
There’s so many! Some of my favourites are Steph Toms, Elizabeth Millen, Dina Tokio and Beth Sandland.
- In five years, what do you hope to be doing?
Well, I’ll be 21 so I’ll probably still be at university, hopefully studying something computer-science related but who knows? I also hope that I’ll still be blogging then!
- What’s a guilty pleasure you have?
Eating half a pack of Rich Tea biscuits with my tea. And immediately regretting it afterwards.
1.What’s makes you, YOU. How do you stand out from everyone else?? *Self Love Moment*
Aww, what a sweet question. I guess it would be my experiences that have shaped me to be who I am today. Though I wouldn’t really say that I stand out particularly from everyone else!
- If you could change anything by the power of blogging what would it be and why?
Anything? I’d end government corruption, and then climate change. Ending those two would solve all the other problems, from starvation to extinction.
- What’s your favourite restaurant dish you’ve eaten this year?
I had the most amazing burger at Applebee’s when we were on holiday in Abu Dhabi earlier this year. Though admittedly I didn’t have the appetite to finish all of it, it was sheer perfection.
- What made you decide that blogging was for you?
I’m still not completely sure whether or not blogging is for me! But when I see people engaging with my content and telling me they find it helpful, it tells me that I must be doing something right.
- What’s your funniest holiday/ travelling story? Tell me your destination & tale.
A few summers ago, I was on holiday with my family in India. We were at the airport, on the way back to London when my mum (who I know will be reading this right now) gave me her phone. This was way back when I didn’t have my own and so used to entertain myself by playing games on hers. Anyway, I somehow managed to leave the phone on one of those airport chairs and walked off. It was a while later when we were browsing through duty-free that my mum asked me for it and I realised I had no idea where it was.
So we rang that phone from another one and went on a search for it. We eventually retraced my steps to find it… only it was surrounded by security guards and even a police dog! Despite my mum explaining that it was hers, they were very reluctant to let us near it – they thought it was a threat of some sort! After much persuasion, they gave in and let her pick it up (though they made sure they were well away from us before she did!) I guess they were just doing their job and although it was chaotic at the time, it’s pretty hilarious now I think back to it.
And finally, Sophie’s questions!
- What is one word you would use to describe yourself?
- What made you start blogging?
I just wanted a way to record my experiences, really! But I found myself enjoying it more and more. For my full story on why I started blogging, see this post!
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
Though I’m ambitious, I’m not exactly confident. I wish I could believe in myself more and doubt myself less! Maybe this should be one of my goals for 2018?
- If you could spend an entire day with a celebrity, who would it be and why?
Hmm… maybe Jennifer Lawrence? She seems down-to-earth and easy to be around. I imagine we’d spend the day lazing around doing nothing… I’m all about that.
- What is your funniest childhood memory?
I can’t think of one off the top of my head! My mum says that whenever we went to the mall when I was about three, I used to sit cross-legged on the floor in front of McDonald’s until my parents bought me an ice cream. I can’t remember it myself, but it sounds very much like something I’d do. 😂
Here are your questions!
- What was one of the best days of your life?
- What is the strangest habit you have?
- Who or what inspires you to be a better person?
- What is the best and worst purchase you’ve ever made?
- What is the most ridiculous thing you have ever been tricked into doing or believing?
1. Put the award logo in your post, as well the rules.
2. Thank the person who nominated you; provide a link to their blog.
3. Mention the creator of the award; provide a link to their blog.
4. Tell your subscribers three things about you.
5. Re-nominate 10-20 people.
6. Notify the nominees via a blog comment.
7. Ask your nominees 5 questions including a funny question.
8. Share links to your best posts.
I look forward to reading your answers!