I know what you’re thinking… a recipe, on my blog?! Yes, it is a little bit out of the ordinary but these pancakes were too delicious not to share. I have to admit though that the recipe is my mum’s, not mine but it’s so straightforward that even I can make them. And I know pancake day has been and gone, but who says pancakes are only for pancake day…?!
Ingredients for Pancakes
150g plain flour
1 large egg
150ml semi-skimmed milk
30g white granulated sugar
1tsp cinnamon (vary as per preference)
1/2 tsp vanilla flavouring (optional)
Pinch of salt
1. Mix together flour, sugar and cinnamon.
2. Add egg and whisk.
3. Pour milk into the mixture gradually, whisking until you achieve the right consistency.
4. Add vanilla flavouring if desired.
5. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
4. Ladle pancake batter onto the pan. Allow to cook until edges peel away from the pan, and bubbles form on the surface before flipping.
5. Leave for another 3-4 minutes before removing off the pan. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
To top off my pancakes, I decided to go all out with a combination of chocolate sauce, golden syrup, strawberries and ice cream. And that’s all there is to it! This recipe takes no longer than 15 minutes, uses ingredients that you likely have at home already, and the cinnamon gives the pancakes such a nice touch.
Let me know what kind of pancakes are your favourite, and what you like to top yours with! Also be sure to read my recent post to find out what’s on my spring bucket list.