The last time I posted a recipe was back in February, when I shared my cinnamon pancake recipe with you. This time, I’ll be showing you how to make the most delicious and easy lamb burgers – which require minimal time, ingredients and effort!
Ingredients (Makes 3)
- 300g lamb mince
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 2 small green chillies (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds (crushed)
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds (crushed)
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp coriander (chopped)
- Salt (to taste)
- Brioche buns (or alternatives)
- Fillings (as per preference)
- Add coriander seeds and cumin seeds into a pan over medium heat. Dry-roast for several minutes until they reach a toasted brown colour. Remove and leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Crush using a pestle and mortar. Alternatively, crush using the flat side of a knife.
- Add mince, onion, green chillies, coriander into a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Then add in red chilli flakes, salt, crushed cumin and coriander seeds.
5. Mix again until thoroughly combined. Leave the mixture for 10 minutes if you have time. Otherwise make 3 equally-sized patties, shaping them using your hands into your preferred thickness according to the size of the baps you’re using.
6. Grill or fry over medium heat, turning over to ensure it’s cooked to the centre.
7. Slice baps in half, and fill with preferred toppings. I used brioche buns and added lettuce, mayonnaise and tomatoes but feel free to add or remove ingredients as you wish.
8. Slide patty onto the bun when cooked, and add more toppings as you wish.
And that’s it! It really couldn’t get any easier. I am in no way an experienced cook, and I found this incredibly straightforward to make – there’s not much that can go wrong. And it honestly tastes divine – I find that some burgers are dry and lack flavour but this is not one of them.
If you do decide to give this recipe a go, be sure to let me know how you found it – I’d love to hear from you. Also make sure to follow me on Instagram to stay up to date on my posts!